The 2nd Annual
Ivy Plus Symposium
Advancing Diversity in Higher Education
March 13–15, 2014
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
The 2014 Ivy Plus Symposium is your chance to interact with faculty and hear about cutting-edge research from the world’s leading institutions of higher education.
Join us for unique opportunities to:
- Hear about emerging research and new interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Present your own work and get feedback from faculty, graduate students, and postdoctoral scholars in a poster session.
- Attend a panel discussion by faculty to get an inside look at the admissions process and learn more about how to pursue a research degree.
- Learn how a PhD can open doors and lead to exciting career opportunities. Hear from alumni about careers within and outside of academia.
- Connect with peers and explore Cambridge and Boston!
The 2014 Ivy Plus Symposium is targeted to students who are or have participated in programs such as Ronald E. McNair Post-baccalaureate Achievement Program, Mellon-Mays Undergraduate Fellowship, Minority Access to Research Careers, Minority Biomedical Research Support (RISE) Program, Gates Millennium Scholars, etc. Other talented students are also encouraged to apply. We anticipate selecting 150 students across STEM, social sciences, and humanities fields to participate in this conference. Some scholarships for travel will be available.
Click here to view a PDF of the program from the first Ivy Plus Symposium, which focused specifically on STEM fields, held at the University of Pennsylvania on October 4–6, 2012.